Water heating is the second largest division of household energy usage, starting from 15% to 27%, depending on location. This service accounts for up to 25% of the glasshouse gas emissions from a typical Australian home. The usage of sustainable sources reduces the emissions of this gas.
Water heaters are just additional household appliances that can malfunction like other electrical appliances. Whatever the problem, getting the help of hot water service can get your appliance back on track.
Hot water systems are usually:
- Instantaneous, that is, water heats only as demanded and does not store in any tank.
- Storage-based – in this category, water is stored in a tank, and always try to keep it hot and ready for use. These systems are only during off-peak times.
Different Types of Hot Water Systems
- Electric storage systems use in almost 50% of Australian families.
- This electric storage is the cheapest to buy and install but is more expensive to operate unless you power it with a solar PV system.
- Solar hot water systems have solar panels or evacuated pipes; this storage tank is installed on the top or ground level.
- Solar hot water units require a supporter using electricity and gas in nearby areas with mid-year sun and long cold nights.
- Investment in solar hot water is expensive, and the installation process is costly.
- You can utilise Small-scale technology certificates (STCs) or apply to other reimbursements to reduce costs.
- Heat pump water heaters believe it is highly efficient and utilises 30% of the power compared to the traditional electric hot water system.
- These systems utilise a refrigeration rotation to pull heat from the air to warm the water.
- Heat pumps are two main types:
- They are combined with the compressor and tank.
- Separate the compressor and tank.
- The compressor appears noisy, like an old air conditioner.
- Every heat pump model is not designed for cold regions where temperatures drop below 5°C.
- Heat pumps are generally expensive, and their installation process is costly. But it is cheap to operate.
- The STC (Small-scale technology certificates) and other refunds arrangement can apply to decrease the costs.
- Gas water heaters are usually installed outside because they need pepper venting.
- This gas water heater generally requires medium-to-high costing, and installation and operating costs are also mid-range.
- Continuous or instantaneous flow is the most typical type of gas water heater.
- Gas water heater systems may be more systematic, particularly in cold climates.
- They have high heat licking because insulating is impossible when the gas is warming the tank.
Why Do You Need a Professional Hot Water Service?
1. Fast Assessment and Repair
Experts know the different issues that typically influence water heaters. They’ll understand everything precisely and therefore diagnose the case fast. Professionals have received training and education in the design and operation of heaters.
2. Repairs are Conducted Safely
Nearly everything around the house is within your control. Still, when it arrives at a water heater, items become tricky. The reason is it is an appliance that operates both electricity and water. So, it is better to leave repairs to the hot water service so you ensure that they perform efficiently and safely.
3. Long Water Heater Lifespan
If you work with some non-reputed repairperson, the problem is more likely. Yet, a licensed hot water service can ensure the issue would not happen again. Your heating system receives top-notch services, a long lifespan, and long-term financial savings.
4. Consistent Flow of High-Quality Hot Water
A defective water heater cannot satisfy your day-to-day necessities.
Inconsistent water: Accumulating minerals in the tank may result in oxidised hot water service or unpleasant stinking hot water. An expert hot water service company will resolve this problem quickly and efficiently. You can take a bath or perform cleaning tasks with uniformly clear hot water thanks to their service.
5. Save on Your Energy Expenditures
With the contribution of qualified experts, your water heater will perform optimally, So your heating duration will drastically decrease, allowing you to preserve your fuel expenses.
Certain house repairs can easily be managed without an expert’s help, but heater repair differs. The water heater is a challenging and potentially hazardous device. It would help if you only had only professional technicians to handle it. Moreover, every repair will be done by someone who understands their work. Genuine hot water service can solve your issues and fit and adequately install the right hot water system for your requirements.