Tractors have several uses in fieldwork. Tractors are extensively used for grass mowing, ploughing, planting, digging holes and many more tasks. If you have bought a land for fieldwork or you have a farm somewhere which you would like to use, a tractor would be one of the first things that you would need to buy to start with. To cut cost, being on the lookout for tractors for sale is important. You need to carefully think about what kind of land you own and what work you would like your tractor to do before selecting a tractor.
Few tips on how to choose the right tractors for sale
Selection of the right tractor needs to be done carefully. There are a lot of points to think about before selecting the right tractor. Some of these include:
- Area of land- Tractors depend largely on the acreage of land that you own. Make sure to carefully think about your future with the area of land in mind so that you do not have to waste money on another tractor later or in upgrading the present one. Large farms would need tractors which would have more horsepower like 45hp-70hp. On the other hand, a small acreage of land would probably require a tractor of horsepower 35hp.
- Size of tractors- Many people might think that buying large sized and heavy tractors are better as they will be able to do almost anything, but that is so not the case. Moreover, there is also the money issue. Think about whether that extra money is worth spending on a bigger tractor even though a smaller one could have probably sufficed.
- Safety issues- A tractor maybe very useful, but handling such a big machine is not easy. It requires proper maintenance and servicing. Moreover, you should be able to use a tractor safely, comfortably and with ease. Before going on to full-fledged operation, if you a novice, you need to take time out to get used to operating the tractor for lighter works.
- Transmission options and horsepower- Tractors can be classified according to two types of horsepower. There is the Engine horsepower and the PTO horsepower which is ideal for first time buyers. The horsepower of the tractor depends on the utility of the tractor and the land on which it will be used. In case of transmission options, there is mechanical transmission and the other one is hydrostatic transmission. Mechanical transmission is more power efficient, but only in limited gears unlike hydrostatic transmission which delivers good power when variable output is needed.
- Front wheel assist- Many tractors nowadays come with the engines that can provide power to only two or all four of its wheels simultaneously. Like this technique, in case of front wheel assist, the tractor can offer mechanical support to its front and rear wheels of different sizes to prevent sliding off or to help with turning. This additional feature would cost more but is worth every penny.
- Dealer service- If you are a newbie in this field, its best to choose one that comes with dealer service. The training, maintenance tips, services regarding the tractor would require you to patch up with a tractor dealer on whom you can count on for future problems. When choosing the right tractors for sale go for the tractor with greater warranty period.
Tractors cost a lot of money, so make sure that when you buy one, you think of all the necessary details before finalizing a one.