Dry eye means when your eye becomes dry and there are no tears to lubricate. As we all know tears are necessary for maintaining our eye health so dry eye is a big issue and you should visit a dry eye clinic if a problem like this arises. This mostly happens with the adults.
There are many symptoms of dry eye. Many factors can cause this disease. For this reason, you should always visit an eye clinic for a proper checkup.
The symptoms for dry eye are as follow:
- Burning and itching in the eyes.
- Red eyes
- Irritation when wearing contact lenses.
- Far sight vision unclear.
- Eyes become sensitive to light.
- Watery eyes
- Fatigue and headache.
There are many causes of dry eye syndrome. Therefore, you should select wisely which eye clinic you have to visit as your eye is the most important part of your body.
The causes are for dry eye are as follow:
- Hormonal changes: The most important cause of dry eye is hormonal changes that are taking place in the chemicals produced by the body. Our hormone controls the production of our tears. Change in the hormones increases your chances of visiting dry eye clinic. Change of hormones might take place during pregnancy, menopause etc.
- Increase of age: Dry eye generally happens in old people. This is because their body stops developing and therefore less tears is produced. This results in less effective eyelid.
- Due to the environmental activities: Nowadays, due to pollution the red eye syndrome is increasing rapidly. This can be due to dust, wind, ultraviolet rays of the sun, humid climate.
- Day to day activities: Generally, we tend to spend most of our time in front of TV, mobiles, computers which produce damaging rays for our eyes. While, consulting a dry eye clinic you should ask them the number of hours you should spend in front of the electronics.
- Side effects of certain medicines: Some medicines might have side effects of dry eye or watery eyes. It varies from people to people. So, medicines should be taken accordingly.
- Laser treatment: People who generally have had laser eye treatment done it might be possible that they catch the red eye syndrome easily. This can be the post-surgery effect. The symptoms go away within a few months only.
- Contact lenses: Contact lenses cause a lot of irritation in the eyes which leads to dry eye. This might happen when you switch to new type lens. Therefore, it is very important to change your lenses time to time. You should change your solution every day as the lens attracts dust very easily. You should keep the lens in the sterilized container without any fail.
Factors you should consider while selecting a dry eye clinic:
Red eye is not a small issue that you take it lightly. You should go to the eye specialist after a lot of research. The factors that should be considered while you are visiting a dry eye clinic are as follow:
Know your disease. You should be well versed about your red eye problem
- The money you are willing to spend.
- Location of the clinic.
- Experience of the doctor and the staff.
- Know your eye power.
- Know the type of contact lens you use.
The following are the factors that should be taken into consideration while visiting a dry eye clinic. Getting an eye doctor is not that difficult if you do it wisely and carefully. Instead of getting tensed about your eyes you should calm down and then search for dry eye clinic.