With regular and proper caring of teeth and gums, you can maintain your oral hygiene at an optimum level and at the same time keep several oral disorders at bay. This is obvious that if you practice proper teeth cleaning practices, then you would have the least risks of gum disease and tooth decay. You just have to follow a few simple steps of teeth cleaning every day in order to avoid early dental issues in life. These basic steps are nothing but brushing, flossing, and rinsing your mouth daily. Along with the same, you should make it a point to eat right and visit a dentist once there is even a small issue with your teeth or gums.
The right way to brush your teeth, as well as gums, are:
Brushing your teeth as well as gums should be done at least two times in a day and necessarily in a proper manner. The best thing would be if you can brush your teeth for around 30 minutes after every meal. This will help you in removing all the plaques from your teeth. An invisible film of bacteria clings to the teeth. When these bacteria are formed in the plaque come in contact with the food, they produce acids. These acids react with the teeth to form cavities.
You can follow the below mentioned tips for the purpose of teeth cleaning and you would surely receive the favorable results.
- You can place a pea-sized dab of fluoride toothpaste on the head of the toothbrush. You can ideally use a soft toothbrush.
- Then, place the toothbrush against the teeth at a 45-degree angle and start brushing the gum line.
- You can then gradually move the brush across your teeth using a small circular motion which can be done with an electric toothbrush, as well. You have to continue the motion cleaning ideally one tooth at a time.
- You have to necessarily keep the bristles’ tips against the gum line. You can avoid pressing your gums and teeth hardly or else the bristles would lie flat against the teeth and the toothbrush will be spoilt in a short span of time.
- You should ideally brush across the top of the chewing surfaces of the back teeth towards the corner. You necessarily need to ensure that the toothbrush’s bristles reach the crevices and groves.
- You should ideally choose the same small circular motion on your teeth to completely clean the backside of the lower as well as the upper teeth and the side which faces towards the tongue.
- To clean the areas of the bottom front end of the teeth, you can effectively angle the head of the toothbrush in an up and down position towards the bottom inside of the mouth and then move the toothbrush in a small circular motion.
- From inside the top front teeth, you are required to angle the brush in an up and down position ideally in a position where the brush’s tip cleans the roof of the mouth. Then you are required to move the toothbrush in a small circular motion for the best results.
- You should give the tongue a few numbers of gentle strokes by the brush. You need to make the movement from the back of your tongue towards its front. You should not scrub your tongue. This helps in removing the bacteria from your tongue and freshens up your breath considerably.
- After brushing up your teeth for around three minutes, you ought to wash your mouth with a mouth wash.
Therefore, by following the teeth cleaning tips above, you can maintain your oral hygiene and keep you away from any diseases or hardships.