For the past 10 years, the amount of people buying vacuum and floor cleaning robots has been rapidly growing. Every year, there are millions of units being sold around the world and the numbers are expected to grow in the next few years with the development of the technology.
Popular brands such as iRobot and Neato keeps on improving their products, releasing new products every year improving its cleaning power, convenience and durability compared to the earlier models. Rising brands such as Dyson are also set to release new models this year to compete with big player on the robot vacuum cleaner market. If you don’t have one in your home, here are some reasons why you should get one.
1. Are Robot Vacuums a Waste of Money?
iRobot and Neato are the leading robot vacuum cleaner brands in the world. Their products vary in price between $300 and $900. This may look expensive for many people assuming that it cannot replace your traditional vacuum cleaner. It is not beyond imagination that time will come these robot vacuum cleaners will have the capability of cleaning our home from corner to corner with their continuous growth and development.
It is worth bearing in mind that robot vacuum cleaners are more time-saving than traditional vacuum cleaners. You can always setup your robot to clean your house everyday of the week and they will efficiently do the job saving you time and hard work. Saving a few hours a week makes these vacuums worth it for those who struggle to find time cleaning their house.
Working families usually hire cleaners to do their vacuuming, but a robot vacuum cleaner offers the potential to save money by doing one of the cleaner’s tasks. This saving could usually pay for the cost of the robot many times over a large home.
2. Robot vs Traditional Vacuum Cleaners
The comparison always remains to whether the technology of robot vacuum cleaners can replace the traditional vacuum in a home. There is no doubt that there are many robot vacuums in the market that can do effective floor cleaning but one disadvantage is that they cannot vacuum above the floors. Therefore, many people find it convenient to keep a traditional vacuum with hose attachment in order to keep higher parts of the floor clean.
3. What to Look for In a Robot Vacuum Cleaner?
Searching online reviews or going to the vacuum stores can help you find out the features and functionality of the latest robot vacuum cleaners. Some of the things that you need to look at are:
- Cleaning Performance – this is what it all comes down to in the end, it’s all about cleaning. The best robot vacuum cleans different types of floors such as mats, rugs, hard surfaces, hardwood and so on. But aside from that, it should also have the capability to pick up crumbs, dirt, hair and dust.
- Battery Life – the latest robot vacuum cleaners are designed to last 2-3 hours on a full charge, but others only run for an hour or so. Most of these robots automatically return to the dock for recharging every time their power is running low. A fast charging robot is recommended for faster cleaning.
- Wifi Capability – latest models of robot vacuums enable communication via your computer or smartphone.
- HEPA filtration – dust particles should be fully captured so a robot vacuum with HEPA filtration is a must.
Robot vacuum cleaner is a good addition to your home cleaning arsenal and it can save you time and money, unless vacuuming is your thing. This device is compact and won’t take too much space in your home. It may have pros and cons, robot vacuum cleaner manufacturers’ keeps on improving their products to make your life easier.